Home Works

We work at being at home; our home works for our family. We are regular; regular seems rare. I try to look at the stars like my mother does each night -- proof we are all under the same sky.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Vanishing Ink

See me pulling my hair out? The last TWO posts I have written for this blog disappeared when I hit "publish" (which sort of strikes me as too strong a word for this medium). Of course, I told myself to compose and copy the post in another program after the first loss, but I forgot to do it. There is something about composing on line that frees me to write (I know, that's why there's so much junk on line), so it was just natural that I did it a SECOND time before getting the message: COPY, in case it disappears.

Sigh, and the last post included an awful lot of Spanish that I had to work really hard at. Lo siento. Para mi.

5 Comments:

Blogger Daryl Cobranchi said...

There's a reason I'm no longer on blogspot.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I've only lost one, but it was a good one about how to fix NHEN. I didn't bother to recreate it, because we got sick. And now it's too late. That ship has sailed.

I feel your pain.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I understand your online-composing-freedom. Even switching over to Word makes me feel ... constrained. (and, I've been told, Word has 'ugly code' -- heaven forfend) [g]

Maybe it's the knowledge that This _Will_ Be Read that is so inspiring?

But . . . and I'm thinking I'm thinking about my Blogspot blog -- isn't there a "recover post" or "recover message" button? I know I've used that. It should be at the top of the text-frame when you're typing.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

Thats happened to me, too -- when my post becomes long, sometimes I copy it into an e-mail and save it there -- its easier than saving it to a word processor.

Other times, I will hit 'save draft' now and then if I keep making changes or getting interrupted...

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop me?
hydrocodone lortab

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home